MODEL PENAL CODE
In this Article, unless a different meaning plainly is required:
(1) "deprive" means: (a) to withhold property of another permanently or for so extended a period as to appropriate a major portion of its economic value, or with intent to restore only upon payment of reward or other compensation; or (b) to dispose of the property so as to make it unlikely that the owner will recover it.
(2) "financial institution" means a bank, insurance company, credit union, building and loan association, investment trust or other organization held out to the public as a place of deposit of funds or medium of savings or collective investment.
(3) "government" means the United States, any State, county, municipality, or other political unit, or any department, agency or subdivision of any of the foregoing, or any corporation or other association carrying out the functions of government.
(4) "movable property" means property the location of which can be changed, including things growing on, affixed to, or found in land, and documents although the rights represented thereby have no physical location. "Immovable property" is all other property.
(5) "obtain" means: (a) in relation to property, to bring about a transfer or purported transfer of a legal interest in the property, whether to the obtainer or another; or (b) in relation to labor or service, to secure performance thereof.
(6) "property" means anything of value, including real estate, tangible and intangible personal property, contract rights, choses-in-action and other interests in or claims to wealth, admission or transportation tickets, captured or domestic animals, food and drink, electric or other power.
(7) "property of another" includes property in which any person
other than the actor has an interest which the actor is not privileged
to infringe, regardless of the fact that the actor also has an interest
in the property and regardless of the fact that the other person might
be precluded from civil recovery because the property was used in an unlawful
transaction or was subject to forfeiture as contraband. Property
in possession of the actor shall not be deemed property of another who
has only a security interest therein, even if legal title is in the creditor
pursuant to a conditional sales contract or other security agreement.